Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's aint no party

January 1st.  The beginning of a new year is awesome, but let's be honest, new year's celebrations always suck. I know the dude has some health issues, but dear Dick Clark: Old age and waaaaaayyy too much botox makes it hard to understand you brother! We mostly just sit around with friends and impatiently try to stay awake until the "glorious" ball drops in New York.  At that moment, I let out a yelp, drink my half cup of sparkling apple cider and find the closest bed I can crawl in and slip into a coma.  What is the deal?! Since being married we are more than ready to go to bed at 10.  High School days we were still running around at 2 am no problem. Feeling old is suckin.
Also, there is one New Year's resolution that just kills me: Everyone and their dog want to "get in shape" beginning of the year. Gym memberships skyrocket in January and I end up just getting pissed at the the idiots taking space at the gym that have no idea what they are doing.  Mid February the weenies start to weed out and go back to playing World of Warcraft for 6 hours a day instead of the gym. This makes me happy :) Patience until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment